Wednesday 19 April 2017

A Corner of My Heart by Jennie

Hello Everyone! and welcome to my second project this month.


I spent a lovely day with my dear cousin at RHS Rosemoor last year and we found a gorgeous little hideaway in the garden grounds which we both felt we wanted to "take home" with us! We came home with just the memory (and a lovely photograph) so with this in mind I decided to alter a little Calico Craft Parts House.


I am sorry there are no process photographs - I was so sure I had taken them but I cannot find them on my camera! So I must have been dreaming! As I was using papers I decided to cover the inside walls first and then made the house up.


It was easy enough to cover the sides and back drawing around the relevant parts for the right size.


I edged my papers with some Vintage Brown Ink and everything stuck down very well.


I decided to crackle the roof using DecoArt Crackle Paint over a dark brown paint. I then used some pieces of the Holly Leaf Corner Embellishment which were left over from a previous project. They had already been painted with a light covering of white paint - just lightly so the natural brown underneath shows through in places.


The little piece of fence was also left over from a previous project and fitted the corner just perfectly!


Finally I had my usual fun adding a few tiny embellishments snipped from papers and added the Vintage Art Dolls using four layers of foam pads to give a little depth.


Everything had to be scaled down for this tiny little house including the flowers.


A lovely keepsake memory of a wonderful day at RHS Rosemoor!

Thank you for joining me and I hope your week is filled with some crafting time.

Jennie x

Calico Craft Parts used:




8 comments:

  1. Simply charming, Jennie - this is utterly adorable.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet Jennie!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Jennie (I found that Alison has already used all the words that I wanted to write...giggle). Love this to bits!

    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely memory captured in this darling house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your lovely comments - always very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful way of remembering your visit! Lovely project, Jennie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love this tall house kit. It has great substance and thickness. Your memory house is priceless and the details are truly wonderful! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. A total delight Jennie, - who would not want to live i a gorgeos little house like that! Brillant use of those CCPs!!

    ReplyDelete